Mon, Oct 16|
Ocean Hill Elementary School
OHES After School Program
Music and dance education in the form of traditional, HBCU-style marching band, just for students of Ocean Hill Elementary School.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2023, 3:00 PM – Jun 15, 2024, 5:00 PM
Ocean Hill Elementary School, 791 Empire Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11213, USA
About the Event
Frequently Asked Questions
- There are limited spots available.
- You will receive a confirmation letter by Friday, September 27th to confirm your scholar’s enrollment in the program.
- This is a FREE program for the 23-24 School Year.
- We were able to secure this free program through ESSER Funding. In future years, this program may be paid by families.
- Yellow school bus service will NOT be provided to transport scholars home after programming ends.
- Families will designate who will be picking their scholar up each day on the dismissal agreement included in this packet.
- The program will have instructors from BALAA.
- Ocean Hill Elementary School staff will be present in the building but not directly supervising the scholars
- The program will run Monday through Friday.
- There will be certain days throughout the year when there will NOT be after school program provided (examples: Halloween, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving break, Report Card Conference nights, etc)
- Any days the program is closed will be communicated in advance to families.
- The hours of operation are Monday through Thursday, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM, and Fridays, 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Monday through Thursday
3:30-4:00: Snack & Homework
12:30-1:00: Lunch & Homework
- Parents, please send scholars with a snack Monday through Friday.
- HEALTHY SNACKS ONLY – crackers, pretzels, 100% juice, water, granola bars, fruit/veggies, yogurt, applesauce, raisins.
- No Doritos, Chips, Cookies, Arizona Iced Teas, Sugary Juices, Soda, Candy, Honey Buns.